Luis is very active in his local community. He is the former Chairman of the Hillsborough County Bar Association Diversity Committee and a former Chairman of the City of Tampa Civil Service Board. He is a founder and President of Lawyers Autism Awareness Foundation and previously served on the Board of Tampa Bay Best Buddies, an organization which assists and advocates for persons with special needs and developmental disabilities. He is also the Incoming President of the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association and a member of the George Edgecomb Bar Association.
Professionally, Luis has received the following professional awards and citations:
- Florida Super Lawyers (2016, 2015, 2013, Rising Stars 2012)
- Florida Trend Legal Elite (2015, 2016)
- Tampa Bay Business Journal “40 Under 40” Up and Comers
- 2012 Recipient of Equal Opportunities in the Profession Award from the Florida Bar Equal Opportunities Law Section
- 2013 Recipient of the Civic Involvement Award from Tampa Hispanic Heritage, Inc.
- 2014 Recipient of the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association President’s Award for Service
- 2015 Recipient of Florida Association for Women Lawyers Leaders in the Law Award
- 2016 Recipient of the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association Luis Cabassa Award
Luis lives in Hunters Green in New Tampa and has one son, Luis Viera II.
Information about the councilman was found HERE